As a cloud-based platform, updates are frequently available for the Autodesk Fusion 360 software. This course has been developed using software version: 2.0.3173. If you are using a version of the software later than version 2.0.3173, you might notice some variances between images and workflows in the learning guide and the software that you are using.
- Understanding the Autodesk Fusion 360 interface
- Creating, constraining, and dimensioning 2D sketches
- Creating and editing solid 3D features
- Creating and using construction features
- Creating equations and working with parameters
- Manipulating the feature history of a design
- Duplicating geometry in a design
- Placing and constraining/connecting components in a single design file
- Defining motion in a multi-component design
- Creating components and features in a multi-component design
- Creating and editing T-spline geometry
- Documenting a design in drawings
- Defining structural constraints and loads for static analysis
As an introductory book, no prior knowledge of any 3D modeling or CAD software is required. However, students do need to be experienced with the Windows operating system and a background in drafting of 3D parts is recommended.