The Autodesk® Inventor®: Sheet Metal Design course introduces the concepts and techniques of sheet metal modeling with the Autodesk Inventor software. The structure of the course follows the typical stages of using the Autodesk Inventor software. That is, to create and edit sheet metal parts, generate flat patterns, and document the designs in drawings.
Inventor Sheet Metal Design
From: R3,000.00 ex VAT
- Autodesk Inventor Sheet Metal interface
- Sheet metal design process
- Creating base Faces, Contour Flanges, and Contour Rolls
- Creating secondary Faces, Contour Flanges, and Contour Rolls
- Sheet metal parameters
- Creating Flanges
- Creating Hems, Folds, and Bends
- Corner Rounds and Chamfers
- Sheet Metal Cuts (Holes, Cuts, and Punch Features)
- Corner Seams (Seams and Miters)
- Generating Flat Patterns
- Lofted Flanges
- Unfolding and Refolding
- Multi-Body Sheet Metal Modeling
- Documentation and Annotation of drawings
- Converting solid models to sheet metal models
- Sheet Metal Styles
- The class assumes mastery of the Autodesk Inventor Fundamentals course.
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Windows operating system.
- A background in designing and drafting 3D parts is recommended.
- Knowledge of sheet metal processing is an asset, but not required.